Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Must Be Rough



Okay, I remember going to Water World and coming back exhausted too, but never came back asking for a spa treatment?  The worst part about this idea, is that I would be the last person on this earth who would know the first thing about spa treatments.  Wait a minute; I should back up for you.  So this is how it started, Jessie and Missy came back from a long day at Water World (must be rough) and Jessie turned to me and said, "Mom, I'm just dieing for a spa treatment."  Missy quickly agreed.  The word massage sounds like torture to me, but Jess and Missy love getting their feet rubbed and being pampered--must of gotten this from Daddy.  Not knowing a lot about massages, I knew I had to pretend a little.  My response of course was, "Sure."  I quickly turned our living room into a home spa.  I turned on some soft jazz music, cut up some cucumbers, grabbed Rob to help with the feet, whipped together a few mud masks, and ...off to work we went.  The evening turned out to be one that made us laugh for hours.  Between Rob's foot rubs and my singing the girls enjoyed the pampering and the howling of the dogs.  What seemed to be a ridiculous request turned into a night filled with laughter!  Kids...gotta love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment